Veneto Co-Labs are a group of unique events designed for discovery, development and training through intensive collaboration. Each Lab is an opportunity to develop new skills and strategies that translate into new business opportunities for participants.
When two or more people, organizations or groups come together in co-creation, a synergy results in outcomes that are greater than the sum of the parts.
Every Co-Lab is an immersive experience organized around a unique subject area. Co-Labs combine innovative thinking, hands-on learning and mobile workshops to create an unforgettable experience.
The Experience Lab
Experiences are the currency of the 21st century Consumers. To be successful, Destinations, Lodging Companies, Travel Attractions, Cultural Organizations, Restaurants, Sports Venues and Retail Stores must engineer unforgettable customer experiences.
The Experience Lab is an intensive, three-day collaborative workshop for Destination Marketing Executives, Travel Suppliers and Tourism Organizations to learn the process of creating unforgettable travel experiences.
The Lab includes presentations on the Experiential Development process along with a series of mobile workshops. Participants are immersed in experiences that have been designed, crafted, scripted and staged using the Veneto Experience Formula™ methodology.
- Destination Marketing Organization Executives (Convention and Visitor Bureaus, Economic Development groups, Main Street Associations).
- Travel Suppliers (attractions, museums, historic sites, culinary venues, breweries/wineries, sport facilities, retail shops, etc.).
- Discover a product development innovation process along with strategies, tools and skills to create unforgettable experiences for visitors.
- Experience unique products first-hand via a series of mobile workshops.
- Go behind the scenes with DMOs and Travel Suppliers to learn how they engineered new experiences.
- Uncover the elements of the Experiential Development process including: design, story development, scripting and staging.
- Collaborate with Industry colleagues from North America.
- Transfer the acquired strategies, tools and skills to your organization / destination to innovate your visitor offerings and create new revenue streams.
- Presentations and learning sessions on the Veneto Experience Formula™.
- Panel discussions by Destinations and Travel Supplier Attractions.
- Six mobile workshop experiences.
- Five meals: two breakfasts, two lunches, one dinner.
- All mobile workshop transportation.
- Networking and learning to apply to your destination or organization.
- Lodging is additional; special rates available. (See below.)
2021 Experience Lab - October 25th-27th - Louisville, Kentucky
Day 1: Monday, October 25th, 2021
- Noon – Kickoff and Welcome Louisville Tourism |Lunch at the Hotel
- Opening Session: Engineering Unforgettable Multicultural Experiences
- 4:30 p.m. – Kentucky Derby Museum - Dinner and Experiences:
- Black Jockeys Tour of Churchill Downs
- Proud of My Calling
Day 2: Tuesday, October 26th, 2021
- 7:00 a.m. – Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30 a.m. – Session: The Art of Designing and Developing Multicultural Experiences
- 10:30 a.m. – Experiences:
- Roots 101, The Sankofa Experience
- Historic Locust Grove, Unfolding the Story of the Enslaved
- 1:00 p.m. – Lunch at Hotel
- 3:00 p.m. – Experiences:
- Frazier Museum, Kentucky’s African American Experience Through Bourbon
- Evan Williams, The Ideal Bartender - Tom Bullock
- Evening – Free night in Louisville
Day 3: Wednesday, October 27th, 2021
- 7:00 a.m. – Breakfast at the Hotel
- 8:30 a.m. – Panel Discussions: Experiential Development - Louisville Tourism, Louisville Tourism Partners
- 10:30 a.m. – Experience: Kentucky Center for African American Heritage, Songbird of the South
- Noon – Session: Implementing Experiential Development & Wrap Up
*Dates and times may be subject to change.
Past EVENT — 2019 Experience Lab - October 15th-17th - Madison, Wisconsin
The 2019 Experience Lab took place October 15th-17th in Madision, Wisconsin.
Lab attendee Jason Goldberg, from sponsor Destination ENV, offered a great recap on their blog.
"Over an intensive 3 days ... I listened to the challenges faced by destination marketers from British Columbia to Southern Florida. While very different destinations, the themes were the same, as was the shared enthusiasm for the inspirational magic Joe was cooking up. And no better way to teach and inspire experience development than immersing yourself in experiences that are already successful."
Visitors are looking for an Experience when they travel and the Experience Lab immerses you on a path and a plan to start the process.
The Lab opened my eyes to possibilities in our destination. Experiential Development is the key to developing memorable experiences that visitors will remember for a life time.
The Lab is absolutely worth the time and money! It’s a whirlwind of new ideas and new approaches; I can’t wait to get back and get started.
“It’s not enough to talk about Experiential tourism, you need to experience it at the Experience Lab!”
“The Lab taught me how to find my destination’s hidden gems, polish them to create shiny new offerings and make lifelong memories for visitors.”
The Lab has provided me with hope and motivation to take to Natchez and the National Park Service to engineer unforgettable visitor experiences.