Veneto Co-Labs are a group of unique events designed for discovery, development and training through intensive collaboration. Each Lab is an opportunity to develop new skills and strategies that translate into new business opportunities for participants.
When two or more people, organizations or groups come together in co-creation, a synergy results in outcomes that are greater than the sum of the parts.
Every Co-Lab is an immersive experience organized around a unique subject area. Co-Labs combine innovative thinking, hands-on learning and mobile workshops to create an unforgettable experience.
The Experience Lab
The Experience Lab will take place November 6-8, 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Experiences are the currency of the 21st century Consumers. To be successful, Destinations, Economic Development Agencies, Lodging Companies, Travel Attractions, Cultural Organizations, Restaurants, Sports Venues and Retail Stores must engineer unforgettable customer experiences.
The Experience Lab is an intensive, three-day collaborative workshop for Destination Marketing Executives, Travel Suppliers and Tourism Organizations to learn the process of creating unforgettable travel experiences.
The Lab includes presentations on the Experience Design Studio™ process along with a series of mobile workshops. Participants are immersed in experiences that have been designed, crafted, scripted and staged using the Experience Design Studio™ methodology.
- Destination Marketing Organization Executives (Convention and Visitor Bureaus, Economic Development Agencies, Main Street Associations).
- Travel Suppliers (attractions, museums, historic sites, culinary venues, breweries/wineries, sport facilities, retail shops, etc.).
- Discover the Experience Design Studio™ process along with strategies, tools and skills to create unforgettable experiences for visitors.
- Experience unique products first-hand via a series of mobile workshops.
- Go behind the scenes with DMOs and Travel Suppliers to learn how they engineered new experiences.
- Uncover the elements of the Experience Design Studio™ process including: design, story development, scripting and staging.
- Collaborate with Industry colleagues from North America.
- Transfer the acquired strategies, tools and skills to your organization / destination to transform your tourism landscape, innovate your visitor offerings and create new revenue streams.
- Presentations and learning sessions on the Veneto Experience Design Studio™ process.
- Panel discussions by Destinations and Travel Supplier Attractions.
- Six mobile workshop experiences.
- Five meals: two breakfasts, two lunches, one dinner.
- All mobile workshop transportation.
- Networking and learning to apply to your destination or organization.
- Lodging is additional; special rates available. (See below.)
2023 Experience Lab - November 6-8, 2023 - Scottsdale, Arizona
Day 1: Monday, November 6, 2023
- 11 a.m. – Kick-off and Welcome: Experience Scottsdale and the City of Scottsdale
- Lunch at the Hotel
- Session: Engineering Unforgettable Destination Experiences
- 3:30 p.m. – Old Town Scottsdale Experiences:
- JoyRidesAZ: Best of the West, OR
- Puzzle Rides: Copper Canyon Caper
- 5:30 p.m. – Experience & Dinner - Belle's Nashville Kitchen: Bourbon, Boots and Belle’s
Day 2: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- 7 a.m. – Breakfast at the Hotel
- 9 a.m. – Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West
- 11 a.m. – Session: The Art of Designing and Developing Unforgettable Experiences
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch at Hotel
- 1:30 p.m. – Panel Discussions: The Experience Design Studio
- Experience Scottsdale and the City of Scottsdale: Engineering Experiences
- Scottsdale Tourism Partners: The Nuts & Bolts of the Experiential Process
- 3:30 p.m. – Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
- 5 p.m. – LDV Winery: Le Nez duVin
- Evening – Free night in Scottsdale
Day 3: Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- 7 a.m. – Breakfast at the Hotel
- 8:30 a.m. – Native Art Market - An Indigenous Experience: Native American Arts & Culture;
The Merchantile: Be the Maker
- Noon – Session: Implementing Experiential Development & Wrap Up
- 1:30 p.m. – LAB ENDS
- Wednesday Evening optional program:
- An Evening of Scotches: Westin Kierland Scotch Library (added fee for this session)
*Dates and times may be subject to change.
Visitors are looking for an Experience when they travel and the Experience Lab immerses you on a path and a plan to start the process.
The Lab changed how I look at experiences and how they should be created. An experience needs to be immersive and tell a story. A total game changer!
Do it, go to the Lab. You will walk away with the education, experiences, open eyes, and enthusiasm to create authentic experiences.
The Experience Lab was deeply inspiring and memorable. It reminded me of the Power of Tourism. What a fantastic experience!
If you want to tell the stories of your community in a new, immersive way . . . GO!
Joe and the Experience Lab will change tourism for destinations, attractions, and the visitor!
No matter how long you’ve been in Tourism and Hospitality and how much you think you know, you’ll learn how to design and develop the “Best” experiences for your destination.
Best Lab I’ve ever participated in!
The Experience Lab was truly an eye-opening experience in so many levels. It was a tremendous learning experience to take back to Bardstown so we can elevate the things we take for granted every day.
The Experience Lab was by far one of the most inspirational and influential times I have had while traveling. Being able to be immersed in the true culture and history of a destination opened my eyes to the incredible possibilities.
Joe knows. His attention to detail – he’s ability to listen and then deliver – is what makes his experiences transformational. He picks the right stories to tell and then tells those stories the right way.
Joe’s Lab literally shows you how to bring your community’s stories and assets to life in an immersive/transformational way through Experiences!
If improving existing destination Experiences or developing new ones is a priority, then, The Experience Lab is an investment that moves the needle.