Veneto Co-Labs are a group of unique events designed for discovery, development and training through intensive collaboration. Each Lab is an opportunity to develop new skills and strategies that translate into new business opportunities for participants.
When two or more people, organizations or groups come together in co-creation, a synergy results in outcomes that are greater than the sum of the parts.
Every Co-Lab is an immersive experience organized around a unique subject area. Co-Labs combine innovative thinking, hands-on learning and mobile workshops to create an unforgettable experience.
The Experience Lab
Experiences are the currency of the 21st century Consumers. To be successful, Destinations, Lodging Companies, Travel Attractions, Cultural Organizations, Restaurants, Sports Venues and Retail Stores must engineer unforgettable customer experiences.
Join Veneto Collaboratory in Madison, Wisconsin June 22-24, 2020 at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace for The Experience Lab.
It is an intensive, three-day collaborative workshop for Destination Marketing Executives, Travel Suppliers and Tourism Organizations to learn the process of creating unforgettable travel experiences.
The Lab includes presentations on the Experiential Development process along with a series of mobile workshops. Participants are immersed in experiences that have been designed, crafted, scripted and staged using the Veneto Experience Formula™ methodology.
- Destination Marketing Organization Executives (Convention and Visitor Bureaus, Economic Development groups, Main Street Associations).
- Travel Suppliers (attractions, museums, historic sites, culinary venues, breweries/wineries, sport facilities, retail shops, etc.).
- Discover a product development innovation process along with strategies, tools and skills to create unforgettable experiences for visitors.
- Experience unique products first-hand via a series of mobile workshops.
- Go behind the scenes with DMOs and Travel Suppliers to learn how they engineered new experiences.
- Uncover the elements of the Experiential Development process including: design, story development, scripting and staging.
- Collaborate with Industry colleagues from North America.
- Transfer the acquired strategies, tools and skills to your organization / destination to innovate your visitor offerings and create new revenue streams.
- Presentations and learning sessions on the Veneto Experience Formula™.
- Panel discussions by Destinations and Travel Supplier Attractions.
- Six mobile workshop experiences.
- Seven meals: three breakfasts, three lunches, one dinner.
- All mobile workshop transportation.
- Networking and learning to apply to your destination or organization.
- Lodging is additional; special rates available. (See below.)
2020 Experience Lab - June 22nd-24th - Madison, Wisconsin
Day 1: Monday, June 22nd, 2020
- 8:30 a.m. - Kick-off and Welcome Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau / Opening Session: Experiential Tourism, Driving Economic Development
- 11:30 a.m. - Mustard Museum – Mustard Bites culinary experience
- 2:00 p.m. - University of Wisconsin – Wheelhouse Studios
- 4:30 p.m. - Presentation: Building Brand Equity with Experiential Development
- 6:30 p.m. - Avenue Club and Bubble Up Bar – Bitters Bootcamp
Day 2: Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020
- 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast at the hotel
- 9:00 a.m. – Culture Crawl – Monona Terrace and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Legacy; Overture Center – Madison’s Cultural Arts Center
- 12:00 p.m. - Lunch at Hotel
- 1:00 p.m. - Presentation: Stories, Scripting and Staging Experiences
- 4:00 p.m. - Sassy Cow Creamery – Meet the Sassy Cows
- 6:00 p.m. - Fromagination – Building a Wisconsin Cheeseboard
Day 3: Wednesday, June 24th, 2020
- 7:00 a.m. - Breakfast at the Hotel
- 8:30 a.m. - Olbrich Botanical Gardens – Garden de Glass Totally Tropical
- 11:00 a.m. - Panel Discussions: DMOs – Engineering Experiences for Destinations; Madison Travel Partners – The Nuts and Bolts of the Experiential Process
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch at Hotel
- 2:00 p.m. - Presentation: Implementing Experiential Development
- 3:30 p.m. - Next Steps & Wrap Up
*Dates and times may be subject to change.
Past EVENT — 2019 Experience Lab - October 15th-17th - Madison, Wisconsin
The 2019 Experience Lab took place October 15th-17th in Madision, Wisconsin.
Lab attendee Jason Goldberg, from sponsor Destination ENV, offered a great recap on their blog.
"Over an intensive 3 days ... I listened to the challenges faced by destination marketers from British Columbia to Southern Florida. While very different destinations, the themes were the same, as was the shared enthusiasm for the inspirational magic Joe was cooking up. And no better way to teach and inspire experience development than immersing yourself in experiences that are already successful."
Visitors are looking for an Experience when they travel and the Experience Lab immerses you on a path and a plan to start the process.
The Lab opened my eyes to possibilities in our destination. Experiential Development is the key to developing memorable experiences that visitors will remember for a life time.
The Lab is absolutely worth the time and money! It’s a whirlwind of new ideas and new approaches; I can’t wait to get back and get started.
“It’s not enough to talk about Experiential tourism, you need to experience it at the Experience Lab!”
“The Lab taught me how to find my destination’s hidden gems, polish them to create shiny new offerings and make lifelong memories for visitors.”
The Lab has provided me with hope and motivation to take to Natchez and the National Park Service to engineer unforgettable visitor experiences.