The Experience Lab
Experiences are the currency of the 21st century consumers. To be successful, Destinations, Lodging Companies, Travel Attractions, Cultural Organizations, Restaurants, Sports Venues and Retail Stores must engineer unforgettable customer experiences.
Join Veneto Collaboratory in Minneapolis, Minnesota October 15-17, 2018 for The Experience Lab.
It is an intensive, three-day collaborative workshop for Destination Marketing Executives, Travel Suppliers and Tourism Organizations to learn the process of creating unforgettable travel experiences.
The Lab includes presentations on the Experiential Development process along with a series of mobile workshops. Participants are immersed in experiences that have been designed, crafted, scripted and staged using the Veneto Experience Formula ™ methodology.
- Destination Marketing Organization Executives (Convention and Visitor Bureaus, Economic Development groups, Main Street Associations).
- Travel Suppliers (attractions, museums, historic sites, culinary venues, breweries/wineries, sport facilities, retail shops, etc.).
- Discover a product development innovation process along with strategies, tools and skills to create unforgettable experiences for visitors.
- Experience unique products first-hand via a series of mobile workshops.
- Go behind the scenes with DMOs and Travel Suppliers to learn how they engineered new experiences.
- Uncover the elements of the Experiential Development process including: design, story development, scripting and staging.
- Collaborate with Industry colleagues from North America.
- Transfer the acquired strategies, tools and skills to your organization to innovate your offerings and create new revenue streams.
- Presentations and learning sessions on the Veneto Experience Formula™.
- Panel discussions by Destinations and Travel Supplier Attractions.
- Six mobile workshop experiences.
- Six meals: two breakfasts, three lunches, one dinner.
- All mobile workshop transportation.
- Networking and learning to apply to your destination or company.
- Lodging is additional; special rates available. (See below.)
2018 Experience Lab - October 15th-17th
Day 1: Monday, October 15th
- 8:30 a.m. - Kick-off and Welcome Meet Minneapolis / Opening Session: Experiential Tourism, Driving Economic Development
- 11:00 a.m. - Midtown Global Market - Tour & Lunch
- 2:00 p.m. - FOCI Glass Demonstration/Workshop
- 4:30 p.m. - Presentation: Building Brand Equity with Experiential Development
- 6:30 p.m. - Vom Fass Experience and Dinner - Mall of America
Day 2: Tuesday, October 16th
- 8:00 am - Breakfast at American Swedish Institute
- 9:00 a.m. - Swedish Sensibilities of Art, Craft & Design Tour
- 11:30 a.m. - Presentation: Stories, Scripting and Staging Experiences
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch at Hotel
- 2:00 p.m. - Highlights Tour at Minneapolis Institute of Arts or
Textile Center - Shibori Dyeing
- 7:30 p.m. - The Guthrie Theater: The Art of Stage Combat
Day 3: Wednesday, October 17th
- 7:00 a.m. - Breakfast at Hotel
- 8:30 a.m. - Como Zoo Experience
- 11:30 a.m. - Panel Discussions: Twin Cities DMOs, Engineering Experiences for Destinations / Twin Cities Travel Partners - The Nuts and Bolts of the Experiential Process
- 1:00 p.m. - Lunch at hotel
- 2:30 p.m. - Presentation: Implementing Experiential Development
- 4:00 p.m. - Next Steps & Wrap Up
* Dates and times may be subject to change based on availability.
Visitors are looking for an Experience when they travel and the Experience Lab immerses you on a path and a plan to start the process.
The Lab opened my eyes to possibilities in our destination. Experiential Development is the key to developing memorable experiences that visitors will remember for a life time.
The Lab is absolutely worth the time and money! It’s a whirlwind of new ideas and new approaches; I can’t wait to get back and get started.
“It’s not enough to talk about Experiential tourism, you need to experience it at the Experience Lab!”
“The Lab taught me how to find my destination’s hidden gems, polish them to create shiny new offerings and make lifelong memories for visitors.”
The Lab has provided me with hope and motivation to take to Natchez and the National Park Service to engineer unforgettable visitor experiences.